We bring JOY & LAUGHTER to the children in hospitals, LIFT the SPIRITS of people in need and contribute to making our society more HEARTFELT & HUMOROUS
A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks.
- Charles Gordy
Laughter is an instant vacation.
- Milton Berle
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures
in the doctor's book.
- Irish Proverb
After God created the world, He made man and woman. Then, to keep the whole thing from collapsing, He invented humor.
- Bill Kelly, "Mordillo"
What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.
- Yiddish Proverb
Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
- Mark Twain, Following the Equator
The most wasted of all days
is one without laughter.
- E.E. Cummings
Warning: Humor may be hazardous to your illness.
- Ellie Katz
Seven days without laughter makes one weak.
- Mort Walker
Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
- Quoted in P.S. I Love You,
compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.
- Victor Hugo
Humor is a rubber sword -
it allows you to make a point without drawing blood.
- Mary Hirsch
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
- Woody Allen
People understand the closeness to each other through smiles much easier than the words with whom one tries to make this closeness understandable.
- Thomas Petschner
All the statistics in the world can't measure the warmth of a smile.
- Chris Hart
A hearty laugh gives one a dry cleaning, while a good cry is a wet wash.
- Puzant Kevork Thomajan
People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.
- Lee Mildon
The kind of humor I like is the thing that makes me laugh for five seconds and think for ten minutes.
- William Davis
Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
- Mother Teresa
You're never fully dressed without a smile.
- Martin Charnin
I think the next best thing to solving a problem is finding some humor in it.
- Frank A. Clark
I have a tickle in my brain. And it keeps making the corners of my mouth point toward the heavens.
- Jeb Dickerson
A laugh is a smile that bursts.
- Mary H. Waldrip
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
- Phyllis Diller
We bring JOY & LAUGHTER to children in hospitals,
and support older person's health.
Clown Doctors New Zealand - FAST FACTS
- There are currently 32 Clown Doctors around New Zealand visiting 3 children's and one geriatric hospital as well as 10 retirement village facilities, which include hospitals and dementia care.
- More than 150,000 patients, family members and hospital staff have encountered Clown Doctors (Sep. 2009 - Sep. 2016).
- Clown Doctors provide ongoing Medical Clowning services in Christchurch, Auckland, Wellington, Whangarei, Papakura and Hamilton.
- Clown Doctors main focus is on children but increasingly extending their support to older person’s health and also palliative care.
- They parody the hospital routine to help children adapt to their surroundings and distract them from painful or frightening procedures.
- The atmosphere of fun and laughter can help patients forget about the illness and the stress for a moment.
- Clown Doctors are mainly professional actors, performing artists, musicians, drama teachers
- They are academically trained in the art of Medical Clowning, investing up to 1,200 hours in order to meet the highest quality standards.
- Our professional Clown Doctors proudly don the world’s smallest mask – the Red Nose – in the name of happiness and health.
The Clown Doctors New Zealand Charitable Trust combines compassion, care and creativity with social responsibility.
We are very grateful for your support in our bid to help children and people in need
and to contribute to a more heartfelt and humorous society.